This is usually the last part of your safari around Kenya. After spending time in the bush on safari, take a few days to relax on the beaches and catch a tan before heading home.
A stay incorporating Kenya ‘s beaches can be tailor-made to suit your budget and the time you have available.
You can’t imagine how beautiful Kenya beaches are! Think of brilliant blue water circuiting against fine white sands, where you can stretch and chill out. Kenya Beaches, from Mombassa in the south, through Malindi and Watumu and north to Lamu, are lined with protective coral reefs, creating ideal waters for swimming and water sports.
Have you ever experienced diving and big game fishing? Both Malindi and Watamu are celebrated tourist resorts and have marine reserves and astounding beaches. Lamu Island is an entertaining place and deserving a visit. Just north of Lamu is Kiwayu Island which has the reputation of being the beach and water sports retreat of the ‘pedigreed’ and famous.
A 9-days’ beach combination safari is ideal for a romantic or honeymoon breakaway. Visit destinations such as the renowned Masai Mara for awesome game watching opportunities and then round off your tour with a visit to the beaches of Mombasa.
ACCOMMODATION NEAR THE BEACHES
– Sun’s Sand Beach Resort is situated in Kikambala on Kenya ‘s coast. Set in gardens of green grass and palm trees, you’ll be swept away by the paradise deep blue oceans, white sandy beaches and scented tropical gardens.
– The Indian Ocean Club is situated next to a 16th century mosque. Designed in Swahili-style, it has a hundred rooms in clusters of thatched cottages and double storage whitewashed rooms with flat roofs.
– Voyager Beach Resort is placed on the powder white sands of the Nyali Beach. It offers all the amenities of a prevalent three star hotel and is advantageous, being close to most of the coast’s attractions
– Mombasa Serena Beach Hotel is placed under the shade of trees along the banks of the river, recreating the romance and charm of the old safari experience, you will find the Mara Intrepid Club.
– Kipungani Explorer is rustic and natural, ideal for letting the breeze and views be part of the scene. In the lounge and bar area are enormous brightly covered cushions piled up in seeming abandon but inviting you to flop and order a cool drink.
– Whitesands resort enjoys the longest seafront on the East African coast, located north of Mombasa on Bamburi Beach.
– The Neptune Beach Resort, located on the silver sands of the Bamburi Beach, is only a 20-minute drive away from Mombasa’s Old Town.