Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari. Where to Go for Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda?
Where to go for Gorilla trekking in Rwanda? Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safaris to Volcanoes National Park, which is Mountain Gorillas’ home in Africa. The Mountain Gorilla Trekking Safari Rwanda is Rwanda’s main tourist draw. This country is also known as the “Land of the Gorillas in the Mist.” The late Dian Fossey focused her life on preserving and protecting the enormous but gentle primates. Her meticulous work is most prominently displayed in the critically acclaimed movie “Gorillas in the Mist,” which was filmed in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park.
About Volcanoes National Park
The Volcanoes woodlands are where mountain gorillas spend the majority of their time. Though they spend more time in the bamboo forests during the rainy season when new bamboo shoots are sprouting. Fantastic views can be found on the ascent to the bamboo forest and Hagenia woodlands‘ natural habitats.
PNV served as Dian Fossey’s base of operations for a very long time (she passed away on December 26, 1985), and it was there that she conducted her 18-year study on mountain gorillas.
Ultimate Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari Holidays. Acacia Safaris Uganda
For travelers looking for the best exciting Rwanda safaris tour packages to Rwanda national parks, acacia safaris Uganda has the best offers. Check out acacia’s best-selling Rwanda safari packages from our travel shop for African travelers. Starting from gorilla trekking tours in Volcanoes national park, wildlife adventures in the most beautiful national park in Africa – Akagera national park to Chimpanzee tracking in the rainforest of Nyungwe national park. Let Acacia Safaris Uganda dive you into the most tending Rwanda gorilla tours and wildlife adventures, Adventure for unforgettable memories.
Choose Your Best Holiday to Rwanda. Plan with Confidence
Related Gorilla Trekking Safari Holidays to Uganda. Acacia Safaris Uganda
For travelers looking for best Uganda safaris tour packages to the most popular national parks, acacia safaris Uganda has the best to offer. Check out the best-selling Uganda safaris tour packages from Acacia safaris travel shop. Be it gorilla trekking safaris, to Bwindi impenetrable forest, wildlife safaris to Uganda most visited wildlife safari packs. We, the acacia group has a multitude to choose from. Request a quote today for your lifetime experience in the jungles of Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. A visit to Murchison falls national park, to adventure the World’s most powerful waterfall. And a visit to Bwindi Impenetrable national park, for gorilla trekking experience. Is always an adventure of a lifetime? Let Acacia Safaris Uganda dive you into the most tending Uganda gorilla tours and wildlife adventures, Adventure for unforgettable memories.
Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Holidays to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
More About Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Experience. Acacia Safaris
There are eight gorilla groups habituated for tourism:
- Susa is the largest group with 41 gorillas. This family is the hardest to trek as it tends to range high into the mountains.
- Sabyinyo Sabyinyo is an easily accessible group led by the powerful silverback Guhonda. There are fewer members within this family than in the other groups.
- Amahoro is led by the calm and easy-going Ubumwe, Amahoro is made up of 17 members and means peaceful.
- Group 13 when first habituated this group had only 13 members hence its name. Now the group has approximately 25 members.
- Kwitonda this 18-member group is led by Kwitonda which means a humble one and has two silverbacks and one blackback.
- Umubano a family of 11, Umubano was originally Amahoro members but broke off after the dominant silverback was challenged by Charles, now the leader of Umubano.
- Hirwa this group emerged recently and was formed from different existing families, namely from Group 13 and Sabyinyo. Eventually, more gorillas joined.
- Karisimbi a family of 15, a new group.
When to Go for Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda?
Due to the altitude, it is generally quite cold, especially during the evenings. Gorilla viewing is possible all year round. Access to the area starts with Ruhengeri a town about a 1h30 drive from Kigali and afterward to Kinigi (14 km from Ruhengeri) where the park headquarters are located.
The area is well protected and therefore secure with well-trained motivated, kind, and satisfactory rangers to lead you to a pleasant trip. It is still a wonderful place to see the mountain gorillas on your Gorilla Safari in Rwanda, and it normally offers excellent opportunities for photos. The gorilla tracking is less strenuous than in Bwindi Impenetrable National park however the altitude may cause difficulties for some visitors, as gorillas tend to climb higher during the dry season. A good physical condition is also recommended here.