12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari
12 Days 11 Nights Jungle Uganda Wildlife Safari
12 Day Jungle Safari Uganda tour with a great opportunity to visit Uganda’s Oldest National park Queen Elizabeth National park for an Uganda wildlife safari. The 12 Days Jungle Safari Uganda, gives you the opportunity to visit Murchison Falls national park for a wildlife safari.
Kibale forest national park for Chimpanzee tracking in Bigodi wetland, Queen Elizabeth national park for a great wildlife safari, and Bird watching tour at the banks of Kazinga Channel, Bwindi Impenetrable national park for mountain gorilla trekking experience, and Lake Mburo National Parks for another wildlife tour in Uganda. Furthermore, you can visit the Kasenda Crater Lake region and enjoy the scenery around Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale.
Some of the activities include Gorilla tracking in Bwindi Forest, chimpanzee trekking in Kibale Forest, birding at Lake Bunyonyi, and game drives along the park’s trails. Lunch cruises are organized in the parks. For accommodation, choose between Classic, Mid-range, and Budget.
Safari Highlights of the 12 Days 11 Nights Uganda Wildlife Safari in the Jungle
- Day 1 – Arrival at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda
- Day 2 – Travel to marvelous Murchison Falls national park
- Day 3 – Full day adventure in Murchison Falls national park involving boat cruise on the River Nile
- Day 4 – Transfer from Murchison Falls national park to Fort Portal in the shadow of the Mountains of the Moon
- Day 5 – Chimpanzee Trekking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 6 – The boat cruise on Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National park
- Day 7 – Full day adventure in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 8 – The tree climbing lions of the Ishasha sector
- Day 9 – The encounter with mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Day 10 – The wonderful Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 11 – Proceed from Lake Bunyonyi to Lake Mburo National Park for another great wildlife tour
- Day 12 – Reserved for departure.
Safari in Details
- Day 1 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari
- On arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to your hotel in Kampala.
- Day 2 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – The marvelous Murchison Falls
After an early breakfast, leave Kampala heading northwest. Optional: Visit the Ziwa Rhino sanctuary for a nature walk to see the rare rhinos in the wild. Lunch en route. Proceed to Murchison Falls National Park, with a brief stop on the top of the falls, where you can see the Niles perfected beauty and marvel as it squeezes through a seven-meter canyon. The 43-meter drop of the falls creates a thunderous roar and a beautiful rainbow in the spray. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 3 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – The boat cruise on the River Nile
Embark on an early morning game drive on the Northern bank where your guide will help you spot a great number of animals and birds. Return to the lodge for breakfast. Relax at the swimming poolside. After lunch, you will safari upstream by boat to the calm Victoria Nile and the base of the falls.
There you can marvel at toothsome hippos, crocodiles and over the 17-kilometer stretch, you may also see elephants, waterbucks, and Uganda Kobs. This is also the habitat for many bird species. The boat leaves you near the falls and you can hike to the top of the falls (optional).
It is an exciting experience that brings you very close to the rushing whitewater as it squeezes itself through the narrow crevice below. The resulting mist from the turbulence often produces rainbows. Your driver will be waiting for you here and return for dinner and overnight.
- Day 4 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – Fort Portal in the shadow of the Mountains of the Moon
Transfer from Murchison Falls NP driving Southwest through the Albertine Escarpment of the great Western Rift Valley. Lunch en route. Drive through Hoima and reach the colorful and beautiful town of Fort Portal, the capital of the Tooro kingdom, situated in the shadow of the fabled Mountains of the Moon, the Rwenzori. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 5 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – Chimpanzee Trekking in Kibale National Park
You will spend most of the morning in the forest in search of chimpanzees. These primates are very mobile and viewing them is unpredictable but the forest walk is enriching, activity starts at 8.00 am in the morning and takes about 4 to 5 hours.
This forest is home to large numbers of chimpanzees and other primates including Phoestes, Red-colobuses, Blues, Red-tailed, grey-cheeked mangabeys, birds, butterflies. The guide will provide detailed explanations on not only primates but also on all the forest’s fauna and flora.
After lunch, visit either the Kasenda Crater Lake region or the Bigodi community initiative swamp and enjoy the amazing panoramic views. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 6 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – The boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
After a relaxed breakfast, drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park, following the mystical Rwenzori Mountain Range most of the journey. Have a game drive en-route, lunch at the Lodge, with its wonderful location on top of the Mweya peninsula.
Enjoy the unique two-hour boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel This trip passes through possibly the highest concentration of hippos and many animals may be seen drinking at the water’s edge.
This launch cruise gives you a great opportunity for photography, bird watching, and game viewing. The prolific bird life is colorful and stupendous with well over 550 resident species. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 7 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – Queen Elizabeth National Park
The day starts with an early morning game drive along Kasenyi tracks and Queen’s mile in the park and expects to see lions, elephants, cape buffalos, warthogs, spotted hyenas, mongoose, waterbucks, kobs, and, if lucky, the leopard, plus a lot of small animals and birds.
You will go as far as Lake George. Drive back to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon drive to the splendid Crater Lakes region for sightseeing. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 8 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari – The tree climbing lions of Ishasha
With your packed lunch, drive to Bwindi via the Ishasha sector of the Park in search of the tree-climbing lions found only in this area of Uganda. The landscape is open savannah with acacia trees. Have a packed lunch. Proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for dinner and overnight.
- Day 9 of the 12 Days 11 Nights Uganda Wildlife Safari in the Jungle – The encounter with mountain gorillas
After an early breakfast, you will be briefed by the park rangers before entering the gorilla sanctuary. The rain forest is dense and crisscrossed by numerous animal trails, The thrill of spending time and observing the gorillas is a memorable experience.
Gorillas are shy and peaceful animals and it is an unforgettable experience to watch and photograph them as they interact with one other. Dinner and overnight.
- Day 10 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari tour – The wonderful Lake Bunyonyi
Take breakfast before driving to Kabale through the rolling hills and terraced landscape. This area is referred to as the “Switzerland of Africa. Lunch at Arcadia Cottages, with its unique and amazing panoramic view of Lake Bunyonyi. In the afternoon, a boat ride on the lake to the various islands is a great opportunity for bird viewing and sightseeing. Dinner and overnight. FB
- Day 11 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari tour – Lake Mburo National Park
You will drive to Lake Mburo National Park, the smallest national park in Uganda. Take a game drive in search of the beautiful impalas, zebras, cape buffalos, elands, oribi, and topi. Enjoy a boat trip on Lake Mburo.
The park is a very good opportunity for bird watchers, who will enjoy more than 250 species of birds found here, including Papyrus gonoleks, Brown-faced lapwings, Carruthers Cisticolas. Take lunch and drive back to Kampala. Stopover at the Equator for photography, Dinner, and overnight.
- Day 12 of the 12 Days Jungle Uganda Safari tour – Reserved for departure.
Depending on your flight time, you can do a city tour including, handcraft and souvenir shopping, cultural sites, and Mabira forest (time permitting). We then transfer to the airport, having covered a cross-section of probably one of the greenest countries on earth. we look forward to welcoming you back for more adventure in the wild.
End of the 12 Day Jungle Safari Uganda .
Related Uganda Safari Ideas, Uganda Wildlife Safaris, Uganda Gorilla Tours
3 Days Gorilla Safari Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Park Tour, Uganda gorilla tour, gorilla safaris, gorilla trekking tours, gorilla safaris, Uganda safaris, gorilla tracking, Gorilla forest camp, where to visit in Africa, attractions in Uganda. Find the gorillas in the marvelous primates. Read More…
Essential Trip Information
Want an in-depth insight into Acacia Safaris East Africa Safari Holidays, Adventures and Gorilla trekking Experience? Our essential safari Information provides visa information, How to get to Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and Tanzania, the Best Time to East Africa – pretty much everything you need to know about our safari holidays and more.